This programme is for aspiring and existing middle leaders from all phases. It consists of three full days training with a school based task. New for this year within the programme is a ‘Mental Toughness Questionnaire’ (MTQ48) – an innovative psychometric tool which addresses resilience and
mental toughness and produces a personalised report to support individual development.
DAY 1: Tuesday 17 October 2017 – ‘Ensuring Quality in Learning and Teaching’
• What is learning? What does it look like?
• Core Principles of Learning: What do you believe? What do you expect?
• Quality of Learning + Teaching in your Subject/Key Stage: How do you know?
• What are the implications of the new Ofsted Framework and Raise On Line?
• Effective Monitoring and Evaluation: What does it look like?
• Key Skills and Criteria for Observing Learning: What are we looking for?
• Personal Audit and Planning for Day 2
Day 2 – Tuesday 7 November 2017 – ‘Personal Impact and Effective Change’
• Leading Learning and Managing Learning: What is the difference?
• How best do I lead change?
• How do I constructively challenge others?
• What do I need to change and why?
Day 3 – Tuesday 5 December 2017 – ‘Your Role as a Team Leader’
• What is an effective team?
• How best can I manage my time and workload?
• How to sustain effective teamwork for maximum impact?
• An understanding of distributed leadership – conditions necessary