This programme is for aspiring and existing senior leaders from all phases. It consists of three full days training with a school based task and takes account of the ‘National Standards of Excellence for Headteachers’. New for this year within the programme is a ‘Mental Toughness Questionnaire’ (MTQ48) – an innovative psychometric tool which addresses resilience and mental toughness and produces a personalised report to support individual development.
DAY 1: Wednesday 31 January 2018 – ‘Strategic Leadership’
• What do good leaders do?
• How do we aligning the people and the organisation?
• How do we develop strategic capability and agility in the school?
• What are the characteristics of the effective strategic leader?
Day 2 – Wednesday 14 February 2018 – ‘Leading Learning/Managing Accountability’
• How do I strategically lead learning across the school?
• How do I tackle underperformance?
• How best can I tackle that difficult conversation?
• What are the best strategies for preventing and dealing with conflict?
Day 3 – Wednesday 7 March 2018 – ‘Leading Effective Change/Distributed Leadership’
• What are the change models that underpin effective leadership?
• How do you create a climate for effective change – what are the key dimensions?
• Why are people resistant to change?
• How do you get greater ‘buy in’ to new developments?
Target Audience: Middle managers/leaders aspiring to become senior leaders and join SLTs and existing senior leaders looking to further develop and deepen their leadership skills. The programme is appropriate for all phases and types of school.
Objective: To develop leadership skills that enable whole school improvement.